Sunday, February 7, 2016

Making Progress on my Q1 2016 Finish-a-long

Just a quick check-in on my Q1 2016 Finish-a-long projects.  I got the binding on my black and white (and a little silver) Michael Miller glitz wedge mini quilt.  I didn't get it finished in time to enter into the Quiltcon West challenge, but still wanted to finish it.

Here it is:

I rather like this little quilt.  This is my first time attempting spiral quilting.  I think I'll consider this a prototype and try again now that I have a tiny bit of experience with spiral quilting.

And I am working on my second Q1 Finish-a-long completion  I've quilted it in one direction and now need to work on the crosshatch quilting.  Making progress!  Here it is in its unfinished but progressing state:

I did a pattern test for @prettypenny7.  Decided that I didn't need another pillow but who can't use another mini quilt?

I've got 2 more Q1 projects, both requiring quilting.  I've prepared the backing and batting for my Op Art quit in anticipation of the big quilt effort needed to complete it.  And have practiced a little FMQ for my beaded curtain quilt. 

Slowly, oh so slowly I'm making progress!

Happy Super Bowl Sunday to you.

Talk again soon,

1 comment:

  1. On The Occasion Of The Upcoming Christmas Day Free New Best Graphics, Sublimation Design, SVG Design, Embroidery & Font Bundles Being Given As a Gift.

    ❤ Download 2 Million Design Free Just One Click ❤
    You can download one million designs for free right now. Time is limited. So download for free now without delay.
    👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇
    https://www.creativefabrica.com

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm a grandmother, a lawyer, a quilter, a cook and the human companion of Boo, the labradoodle. I am also a collector/hoarder and ultimate consumer of fabric. Can't resist touching and/or buying it! I also love sharing every day with my doodle. Please look at my work and let me know what you think. I plan to share my thoughts and experiences with you and hope you will do the same. Boo sends his tail wagging greetings to all. If you meet him, you will know exactly what I mean!